The Peer Mentors Mission
The type of help we offer is:
- To be a role model around the school
- To help people who are sad
- To make the playground a smilier place
- To be impartial when pupils fall out
- To help sort out problems
- To help prevent bullying
How to find a Peer Mentor
- Hurt children - take to first aid
- Serious incidents - take to teacher
- Friendship fall-outs - help the children deal and don’t take sides
- Practical help e.g. push a wheelchair, keep injured people company, teach little children how to play.
- Help each other help others too!
Why we enjoy being Peer Mentors
- Uniform of fluorescent yellow
- Photos on the Peer Mentor Board
- Area on website
- Timetable and Rota
YOU CAN NOW NOMINATE A PEER MENTOR FOR PEER MENTOR OF THE MONTH!
- It is FUN!
- Peer Mentors know how people feel and they can help
- Being a Peer Mentor has improved our own awareness and responsibility
- We make more friends around the school
- Helping someone gives you a good feeling
Place a nomination on the special pocket on Mrs Vickers' door at LS4
Peer Mentors will be awarding prizes to helpful and well behaved children - will your name go in the Golden Book?