Increasing Data Allowance on Mobile Devices
Increasing data allowance on mobile devices
14th January 2021
Increasing data allowances on mobile devices
We would like to bring to your attention the above referenced scheme which temporarily increases data allowances for mobile phone users on certain networks, allowing children and young people to access remote education if their face-to-face education is disrupted.
Who can get help
This scheme is open to children and young people who:
- don’t have access to a fixed broadband connection
- cannot afford the additional data needed to access educational resources or social care services
- have access to a mobile device that uses a participating network
- are facing disruption to their face-to-face education, or have been advised not to attend school
The network provider and their offer
What data you may receive will largely depend on your mobile network provider. Please note some networks can’t offer data to Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) customers. You can access details of each participating mobile network provider by the following the link – Network Provider Offer.
What information we need to collect
In order to forward your request for extra mobile data, we need to collect the following information:
- the account holder’s name
- their mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- their mobile network
- whether they pay monthly or pay as they go
You can submit your information by following the link a MS Form
Churchtown Primary’s responsibility extends to signposting this offer to parents/guardians and for the facilitation of data via the Department of Education to the relevant mobile network providers. Churchtown Primary has no involvement whatsoever in the decision making and allocation of data allowances to mobile account holders. Any such queries will need to be referred directly to your network provider.
Department for Education (DfE) Privacy Statement
- For the purposes of data protection, I need to let you know that the Department for Education (DfE) is running the Mobile Network Offer through schools and their trusts or local authorities.
- If the offer is taken up by an adult account holder, the school or social care team will share the account holder’s name and mobile phone details with the DfE, who will share these with the relevant mobile network operator.
- The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as they qualify for the offer.
- The adult account holder’s personal data is only shared with their mobile network operator for the purposes of the offer. No names of children or other adults, other than adult account holder, are shared with the DfE or the mobile network operator.
- No personal information will be shared with the DfE if you do not want to take up the offer.
- If you want to know more about how your personal information will be used before you take up the offer, we can send that to you first.
- If you decide to take up the offer, you’ll get a text message from the Department for Education with more information about your data protection rights.
If you would like further information, you can access the following link to DfE Privacy Information