Educate Awards 2016
On Friday evening, Churchtown Primary School was invited to the Educate Awards ceremony at Liverpool Cathedral after being shortlisted in the Outstanding Teaching of Life Skills category.
The event had seen "an unprecedented number of entries and the quality across all categories" this year, so it was a huge achievement to be one of only four schools in Merseyside shortlisted for the prestigious award.
Several aspects of school life at Churchtown Primary were highlighted, including our:
- school values, which form a lot of what we do at Churchtown Primary.
- Forest Schools and the Outdoor Project.
- class representatives (such as School Council Champions, Digital Leaders, Reading and Maths Champions etc.).
- various school projectcs and fundraising events led by the children.
- contributions to the local community, such as regular visits to Sutton Grange Care home.
- groups to specifically support young carers and bereaved children.
- residential trips.
- Leading Learn Mentor's work with the children.
- PSHE and ICT curriculums.
- Catering Manager's involvement in supporting the teachers and children.
- creative curriculum which helps them grow and develop as human beings, intellectually and in maturity and character.
Well done to all Churchtown children, parents and staff who work so hard every day to provide our pupils with skills for life.