At Churchtown Primary School, we appoint highly motivated staff, who see themselves as learners too. We are continually striving to provide the best quality teaching and learning for every child in every class every day.
We believe children learn best when they are given opportunities to explore, investigate and learn through doing. We believe in providing the best quality teaching and learning for all our children. We all work together to ensure that our curriculum engages all learners and provides opportunities for deeper learning. Wherever possible we encourage children to plan the direction of their learning.
We plan themes that have rich content using stimuli such as texts, paintings, artefacts and places of interest as a starting point for further investigation and to develop questioning skills. We aim to investigate rich and challenging issues and themes, often in the context of real world problems. We always bring learning to life for our pupils by linking trips and visits linked to our themes.
The curriculum at our school will:
- Link to the National Curriculum;
- Always promote the highest standards in all subjects;
- Develop a wide range of skills and broaden children’s life experience;
- Enable all children to become resilient, co-operative and to be able to work collaboratively;
- Prepare the children for now and for the future;
- Develop children’s self-confidence, personal development and their capacity for self-directed learning and independence.