WHAT IS THE SPORTS PREMIUM?
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children, the funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
PURPOSE OF FUNDING
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
POSSIBLE USES FOR THE FUNDING INCLUDE:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
HOW WILL WE BE SPENDING THE FUNDING AND WHO WILL BENEFIT?
The staff, children and governors at Churchtown Primary all agree that the money must be used so that:
- all children benefit regardless of sporting ability,
- children are given the opportunity to compete in local and regional tournaments,
- staff have access to resources and training opportunities, plus continued professional development to improve the quality of teaching and learning in physical education,
- children are exposed to a range of traditional and non-traditional sports and health enhancing activities through the curriculum, clubs and school visits.
How have we spent our Sports Premium this year?